Welcome to MobiCASE 2012, Fourth International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services, that will take place in Seattle, Washington, United States, October 9–12, 2012
MobiCASE, the International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services, is a confluence between academia and industry on mobile applications and services research. The conference will showcase cutting-edge mobile computing research, feature demos of industry's most exciting mobile applications and services, and engage participants in hands-on projects and tutorials.
We seek novel submissions in mobile applications, services and mobile systems research in topics above the OSI transport layer with an emphasis on complete end-to-end systems & their components. The conference will be organized into two broad categories, with topics including, but not limited to:
- Mobile pervasive applications such as smart healthcare/wellbeing, disaster management, mobile learning, transportation, enterprise solutions and multilingual support.
- Mobile sensing applications such as indoor location, activity recognition, heterogeneous sensor fusion, social sensing and reality mining.
- Mobile applications for social innovation such as mHealth, mLearning, citizen media & improved livelihoods in the western world & developing countries.
- Mobile social networking such as crowd sourcing, twittering and other social network driven applications.
- Novel user experience & interfaces, such as visualization techniques for mobile content, multimodal interaction, wearable computing, accessibility & safety issues.
- Personalization, such as behavior modeling, behavior-aware and context-aware applications, personal assistance with mobile devices.
- Mobile advertising such as targeted advertising, location based recommendation, in-game marketing and proximity systems.
Mobile Services and Platforms
- Smartphone platforms (such as Android, iOS, BlackBerry OS, MeeGo, Symbian, webOS, Windows Phone 7) and supporting tools, libraries, & compilers.
- Mobile software engineering and management such as application lifecycle management, adaptive and self-configuring applications, middleware, App stores and distribution models.
- Mobile cloud computing and Mobile Web such as HTML5, MobileAjax, Mobile Flash, J2ME, and others.
- Mobile payments and M2M infrastructure